Summer Time is Grilling Time in Paducah & Mayfield Kentucky
We are in the grasp of an unprecedented heat wave with the heat index well above 100! You might be thinking it is too hot to be outside grilling. However, it might be a good idea.
An electric company radio Ad suggested grilling as a way to reduce your energy usage and avoid using the stove or oven. The heat from the oven can increase the temperature in the kitchen by 10 degrees! So, your air conditioner goes into overtime to keep up.
Here are a few safety tips on grilling.
For gas/propane grills:
- Check the gas tank for leaks before using.
- Open the lid on all gas grills before lighting the grill.
For charcoal grills:
- Use only charcoal starter fluid to start the fire but never add it or any flammable liquids to a fire that is already burining.
- Cool coals completely before you dispose of them in a metal container.
- Place grill well away from house and deck railings. Don't place under eaves or branches.
- Never leave the grill unattended when in use.
Be safe and enjoy the summer grilling activity!
SERVPRO of Paducah & Mayfield is available 24/7 for FIRE, WATER, & MOLD cleanup & restoration.
Water Damage from Storms in Western Kentucky
Water Damage from a storm event is the most common emergency. Water can come from several sources:
- Busted pipes
- Roof leaks from wind damage
- Sewer backup
The cleanup and restoration begins with a phone call. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of damage.
A water damage event can be traumatic and when you call, we understand you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. Our specialist will lead you through a series of questions to better understand your needs.
Our SERVPRO Specialist will ask several questions. Become familiar with these so you can have this information ready:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
Call SERVPRO of Paducah & Mayfield for your Water Emergency Needs!
We can be contacted 24/7 at 270-443-4555
Who Will You Call in Paducah & Mayfield
When the thing you thought would never happen to you - happens, who will you call?
Available 24/7 SERVPRO of Paducah and Mayfield can handle these emergency services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm and Major Events
Fire, water, and mold restoration are the cornerstones of our business. SERVPRO is dedicated to responding to your emergency fast. Our focus on training ensures we have the expertise and skills needed to promptly restore your property right the first time.
We get to help people through a tough time. For more than half a century, the compass guiding us has remained the same — serving others professionally. Our mission, vision and purpose steers our actions and decisions as we continually evolve and grow.
Call SERVPRO of Paducah and Mayfield 24/7 at 270-443-4555 for Fire, Water, Mold, and specialty cleaning.
Fire Damage & Restoration Services for Graves & McCracken County
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. When various materials burn, the soot and residue they create differs greatly and requires a specific cleaning procedure. The steps listed below illustrate our process for the “typical” fire damage restoration. Learn more about our Fire Damage Restoration Process
- Emergency Contact
- Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment
- Immediate Board-Up and Roof Tarp Service (if needed)
- Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present)
- Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces
- Cleaning and Repair
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us 270-443-4555 Available 24/7
SERVPRO is Faster to Any Size Disaster to make it "Like it never even happened."
Water Damage in Paducah & Mayfield Kentucky
Who to Call for Water Damage in Ceiling?
It can be alarming to see a bubble growing in your ceiling and on the verge of bursting. SERVPRO of Paducah and Mayfield can assist with this startling emergency right away, by calling 270-443-4555.
What is Water Damage Restoration?
When water intrudes into a home or business, water damage restoration may be required. Water damage restoration is the professional process of removing unwanted water, drying and cleaning the structure and/or contents, and returning the property to its preloss condition. This is completed by professional technicians who are certified to follow industry standards using the proper methods and tools.
Is my Insurance Going to Cover the Water Damage to my Home or Business?
Many homeowner insurance policies do provide some level of coverage in a water damage situation, but you will need to contact your agent for details about your policy. The source of the water damage is important when dealing with insurance. Some flooding related to weather events requires special insurance that is gained through the National Flood Insurance Program.
Call the professionals at SERVPRO of Paducah & Mayfield for Water and Fire Cleanup & Restoration
Available 24/7/365 @ 270-443-4555
see here for more details
Restoration Services for Mayfield & Fulton Kentucky
Steps in Our Commercial Construction Process
PRE-CONSTRUCTION PHASE -
Before starting any commercial construction project, it's important to do your homework, especially regarding required approvals, securing any that you may need prior to the project. If your project is the result of an insurance claim, you will need to verify coverage, such as deductible amounts and replacement costs.
2. Estimates and Finalizing Estimates
We will provide a copy of your estimate as an attachment to your Construction Work Authorization.
CONSTRUCTION PHASE -
1. Scheduling Tradesmen
Arranging access to your business and communicating scheduling constraints, for both us and the tradesmen, is critical to an effectively run construction project.
2. Weekly Communication
We will contact you at least weekly during the construction phase to provide information on the status of your project.
POST CONSTRUCTION PHASE -
1. Construction Standards
If issues are indentified quickly as the repairs are made during the project, the walk-through should be a simple confirmation of the work performed and final sign-off.
2. CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Once all work has been completed you will be asked to sign this document acknowledging that the work is complete and meets industry standards.
3. FINAL PAYMENT
At the end of the project if there are deemed to be any items that are incomplete (e.g. back order light fixtures or minor completion items), you may withhold an amount equal to 150% of the reasonable value of those items from the final payment to us. This payment will be made to us upon completion of those items.
Call SERVPRO of Paducah & Mayfield for your Reconstruction Projects.
Available 24/7/365 @ 270-443-4555
Removing Smoke & Soot After a Fire in Graves & McCracken County
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER A FIRE?
Removal of Smoke and Soot From all Surfaces
SERVPRO of Paducah and Mayfield uses specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
SERVPRO of Paducah and Mayfield will clean all of the restorable items and structures that were damaged by the fire. We use a variety of cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to pre-fire condition. We’re also trained to remove odors using industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
Thermal fogging is a process where a deodorizer is heated and sprayed in a fog form. Because it's in a fog form, the mixture is able to permeate even the toughest-to-reach spots. The mixture attaches to the smoke particles and absorbs them, thus neutralizing any odor.
These tools and techniques are part of the cleanup arsenal SERVPRO of Paducah & Mayfield use to make it "Like it never even happened."
Available 24/7/365 call SERVPRO of Paducah at 270-443-4555 for Water and Fire Cleanup & Restoration.
Emergency Ready Plan for Western Kentucky Businesses
Why Use the SERVPRO Emergency Ready Plan?
- A no cost assessment of your facility
- A Concise Profile document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster
- Establishes SERVPRO of Paducah & Mayfield as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider
- Indentification of the chain of command for authorizing work to be done
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information
- Easier insurance claims process
The SERVPRO Ready Plan can be accessed using an Iphone or Android mobile app where all the information is at your fingertips.
Call SERVPRO of Paducah and Mayfield at 270-443-4555 to schedule your assessment.
Available 24/7/365 SERVPRO of Paducah and Mayfield is prepared to help with Water, Fire or mold cleanup and restoration.
Where There's Smoke There's Fire in Graves & McCracken County
Fire is Fast, Fire is Hot, Fire is Dark, Fire is Deadly!
Did you know smoke is poisonous? It kills more people in home fires than flames.
Follow These Steps to Protect Yourself and Your Family from Home Fire Smoke:
- Install Smoke Alarms
- Make a Home Fire Escape Plan
- Practice Your Fire Escape Plan
- Get out of your home right away if you see smoke or the smoke alarm sounds
- Get low to the ground and get under the smoke to your exit
- Go to your outside meeting place and call 911
If you can't escape from a fire:
- Stuff wet towels or sheets around the door and vents to keep the smoke out
- Call 911 and tell them where you are
- Open a window slightly and place a bright cloth outside to signal your location. Close the window so the air doesn't pull the smoke into the room
For more detailed information about Fire and Smoke protection click here:https://www.usfa.fema.gov/prevention/outreach/fief/index.html#featured
Available 24/7 call SERVPRO of Paducah & Mayfield for Fire and Water Cleanup & Restoration @ 270-443-4555
Tornado Season: Tips to Weather the Storm
A large percentage of the population looks forward to Spring for a number of reasons: spring forward, spring weather, college basketball, The Masters, Golf Season, Crappie Fishing, Easter, the best fruits are coming in season and more. Although all of those are positive things to look forward to for Spring, something negative we have to look out for is tornadoes. March through June is tornado season. Tips to weather the storm are crucial for your safety. If a tornado strikes your home or business and causes damage, SERVPRO of Paducah and Mayfield can make it “Like it never even happened.”
Here are three tactics, according to Ready.gov, you can implement to prepare now for a tornado:
- Know your area’s tornado risk. In the U.S., the Midwest and the Southeast have a greater risk for tornadoes.
- Pay attention to weather reports. Meteorologists can predict when conditions might be right for a tornado.
- Identify and practice going to a safe shelter in the event of high winds, such as a safe room built using FEMA criteria or a storm shelter built to ICC 500 standards. The next best protection is a small, interior, windowless room on the lowest level of a sturdy building.
There are a number of other tips to help keep you safe before, during and after a tornado. To learn more click here https://www.ready.gov/tornadoes
Available 24/7/365 SERVPRO of Paducah & Mayfield is ready to tarp and board, clean, and restore your property damage.